- (719) 576-2016
- 410 JL Ranch Heights Colorado Springs, CO, 80926
Enjoy Cheyenne Mountain State Park year round! Renew your spirit and connect with the outdoors while enjoying the sunny but cool days. Enjoy hiking, wildlife viewing, or biking on our 28 plus miles of trails waiting just for you.
“The Trail’s End” Visitor Center
- park passes, camper check-in, license, and registrations
- educational exhibits, souvenirs, snacks, ice, and firewood
Explore nature’s diversity with prairie-to-peak ecosystems
- 28 miles of trails for hiking, biking, with designated trails for equestrian and dog users. The only trails open for dogs use are Raccoon Ridge, Acorn Alley, Bobcat Way, and the designated portion of Soaring Kestrel.
- Limekiln Trailhead offers parking, restroom facilities, picnic tables, and a playground
- 41 day-use, handicap accessible, picnic areas are scattered throughout the park, each with its own table and grill
The campground is open year round*
- 51 full service campsites
- 10 basic walk-in tent sites
- *mid-April to mid-October, the Camper Services building offers coin operated showers, laundry, a playground and activity room
The Archery Range is located one exit further South at Hwy 115 and Pine Oaks Road
- covered shooting line with targets at 10 to 80 yards
- limited draw-weight range for 35 lbs or less
- 28 Field targets with 3D animals along a walking trail ($3 individual permit is required for Field Range access)
Engaging education programs all year long!
- guided wildflower walks, family mystery hikes, animal education, and campfire talks
- Junior Ranger programs
- go at your own pace trail challenge and geo-caching opportunities
- weekly yoga and more
Friends of Cheyenne Mountain
Our non-profit Friend’s Group is a wonderful asset that helps us to protect, enhance and preserve the park’s natural state. See how to become a friend of the park or find more information on the Friends of Cheyenne Mountain State Park website.
Prairie Falcon Event Facility
The Prairie Falcon amphitheater is the perfect facility for an outdoor wedding ceremony. This beautiful site has Cheyenne Mountain as its backdrop and offers rock step amphitheater-style seating for up to 160 guests. It includes electricity and a fire ring on its paved patio area.
Prairie Skipper Event Facility
The Prairie Skipper outdoor picnic pavilion will accommodate up to 200 people and has parking available for up to 85 vehicles. There are horseshoe pits, restrooms, picnic tables, grills, and more! Season reservations are accepted at the Park Office in the Visitor Center.