- (303) 791-7275
- 11500 N. Roxborough Park Rd. Littleton, CO, 80125
Float your boat in the lake, bicycle or hike on a trail that provides scenic views of the neighboring foothills and Platte River valley, camp, ride a horse and even fly a model airplane – all at Chatfield State Park, nestled next to the foothills southwest of Denver.
Boaters of all types – from water skiers to fishing enthusiasts to canoeists and sailors – enjoy Chatfield Reservoir’s waters. Boat rentals, a floating restaurant and a marina are also available at Chatfield. Campers have their choice of 197 campsites all with electrical hookups and many with full hookups (water, sewer and electric), in four campgrounds at Chatfield. All campsites are within walking distance to the lake and have picnic tables and grills. Facilities include flush toilets, hot showers, laundry, centrally located water, fire ring and a sanitary waste station. In addition to the 197 single-family campsites offered at Chatfield, there are ten reservable Group Camping sites available. .
Please do your part to visit parks responsibly:
- Avoid creating crowds around trailheads.
- Purchase annual park passes and fishing licenses online. at cpwshop.com before you come to the park to reduce long waits at park entry stations.
- If we reach park capacity, we follow one car in one car out rules.
- Visit the park during non-peak hours (before 9am, after 4pm) or on weekdays.
- A park pass does not guarantee admission on busy days. Annual pass holders cannot drive around lines when we hit capacity.
- Be kind to others!
- The park will be open to boating starting 3/19/2021 at the North Ramps and 4/1/2021 at the South Ramps
- Inspections will be conducted at North ramps from 6:00AM-8:00PM.
Enjoy Chatfield’s Trails
On Chatfield’s trails, you can escape the boredom of the gym by taking a morning jog, exploring natural areas that border the reservoir, leisurely pedaling your bicycle through the park, or riding a horse into the sunset. Trail maps are available at the park’s main entrances.
Chatfield is Open for Camping All Year
When visitors see Chatfield’s beautiful rolling foothills, expansive reservoir and abundant wildlife, they can’t believe the park is located just outside the Denver metro area. Our campground has full service sites available seasonally offering water, sewer and electric hookups or sites with electric only offered year around. Over thirty sites have new detached tent pads. Reservations are highly recommended for camping at Chatfield.